Storyals LMS365 Components
LMS365 is a Microsoft 365 certified app in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace AppSource. It is populated with the Storyals content (video embed codes, quizzes, images, and certificates). In this offering, the full LMS365 license is included so that LMS365 can be used to manage any type of learning content (in addition to content provisioned by Storyals).
The Storyals SharePoint Communication site content (which includes Microsoft 365 learning pathways) is packaged into a template that is remotely deployed using BindTuning’s provisioning service. A theme is applied (Storyals branded or customer branded) to enhance the look and feel of the Storyals site.
Storyals LMS365 Installation Process
The installation is done over an online Microsoft Teams meeting. During the installation, the organization’s Microsoft 365 Global admin needs to be present to authenticate the installation. The following steps will be performed.
- Creation of an App Catalog (approx. 10 min.) if one doesn’t already exist
- Creation of an empty SharePoint Online communication site
- Install LMS365 from Microsoft AppSource
- Provisioning of the Storyals Lite template and theme (approx. 20 min) using provisioning tool https://bindtuning.com/automate365
- Add Storyals user account as LMS365 Administrator
- Finalize theme visual settings (page title, menu width, etc.)
During the installation, additional updates can be done based on customer requirements to show/hide various topics/courses.
To successfully deploy Storyals Pro, the requirements defined by Microsoft to deploy Microsoft 365 learning pathways must be fulfilled. These requirements can be found here. In short, this is what is required:
- During the online installation, the person attending from your end must be a Global Administrator
- A licensed Microsoft 365 user account (Microsoft 365 Basic or similar) needs to be available for the email configuration of LMS365. (for eg. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
LMS365 is updated automatically on a regular basis. Update notifications are displayed via the LMS365 Admin center.
All existing Storyals videos are automatically updated in the back-end using Vimeo’s video version control.
- Microsoft 365 learning pathways is updated by Microsoft on a bi-annual or quarterly basis and require admin permissions to upgrade. These updates can be done by the customer themselves, or the Storyals team can set up a Teams meeting with the customer Tenant Admin to manage the update.
- Currently, the LMS365 API does not allow automatic updates of courses. To manage updates of quizzes, course descriptions and new courses, a user can be appointed within the customer with LMS365 Storyals Pro course catalog permissions to manage this. Most customers prefer that Storyals manages the updates for them. This can be done either by providing login details to a dedicated Storyals user account in the customer domain or by inviting email@example.com as an external user to manage the updates in LMS365.
- BindTuning/Automate365 privacy documentation